- Startect is a short-acting broad spectrum combination sheep drench that kills the most damaging worms, including those that are resistant to existing drenches.
- Startect has been purposely released in combination.
- It contains a completely new active, derquantel (10 mg/mL). This is the first active from the new SI (spiroindole) class of anthelmintics. Startect combines derquantel with the powerful ML abamectin (1 mg/mL).
- Startect is the newest class of sheep drench and the only one to be released in combination for improved sustainability by managing resistance better1.
- For the treatment and control of a broad range of susceptible adult and immature gastrointestinal nematodes of sheep, including multi-resistant strains.
- Pro-Active dual drench technology: the first drench in history designed to protect itself against resistance from the beginning
- Proven in more than 200 local farm trials(99.3% efficacy)2.
- When used as the cornerstone of your drench program also prolongs the useful life of older drenches3.
- Short 14 day WHP and 28 day ESI
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- Startect is effective against adult and immature (L4) stages of sensitive strains of thefollowing internal parasites, including those resistant to levamisole (LEV), benzimidazoles (BZ),macrocyclic lactones (ML) and closantel (CLOS) and/or MONEPANTEL.
- Barber’s pole worm Haemonchus contortus (including inhibited L4 stages); Stomach hair worm Trichostrongylus axei; Large stomach worm Haemonchus placei; Small brown stomach worm Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta (including inhibited L4 stages), T. trifurcata; Black scour worm Trichostrongylus colubriformis, T. vitrinus; Small intestinal wormCooperia curticei, C. oncophora, C. surnabada; Thin-necked intestinal worm Nematodirus spathiger, N. filicollus; Intestinal threadworm Strongyloides papillosus; Large bowel worm Oesophagostomum venulosum; Large mouthed bowel worm Chabertia ovina; Nodule worm Oesophagostomum columbianum; Whipworm Trichuris ovis; Lungworm Dictyocaulus filaria. Also treats and controls: Nasal Bot Oestrus ovis; Itch mite Psorergates ovis.
- Startect was demonstrated to be effective against multi-resistant strains of Haemonchus contortus (LEV, BZ, ML and CLOS) and Teladorsagia circumcincta and Trichostrongylus colubriformis (both LEV, BZ and ML). STARTECT was also demonstrated to be effective against monepantel-resistant strains of Haemonchus contortus and Trichostrongylus colubriformis.
1 mL per 5 kg bodyweight. Dose by mouth.
|Bodyweight kg||Dose mL per sheep||5L Container Treats||15L Container Treats|
- A representative sample of animals should be weighed before treatment.
- Dose the mob to the heaviest animal by liveweight in each group (ewes, wethers, rams, lambs).
- Do not under dose. Where there is a large variation in size within the group, dose rate should be based on the label directions for each weight range. Drafting into two or more lines may be appropriate, to avoid excessive overdosing.
- Estimate liveweights carefully to avoid overdoing
- Shake the container before use
- The safety of Startect has not been estabilshed in lambs less than 6 weeks of age or less than 15kg bodyweight.